Thursday, October 11, 2007

Local PLN 4

"Illegal" txt messages from the Denver Post

Why do school administrators insist on doing this? They know very well that they are violating freedom of speech, but they keep on doing it. If you have a hunch on a crime, don’t start violating others rights. That’s just sinking to the “criminals” level. Here’s another good question, did this guy even have cigarettes? If he didn’t have them in his possession, how can he look through his cell phone? I might be wrong, but I thought it was only illegal to purchase tobacco, not use it. This is probably not right, but that is what I remember. Not is this only bad if he was innocent, but what if the administrators read something that the student want him to read. Like personal information and stuff like that. Cell phones are very personal to people because it has pictures and txt messages of course, but some have video and music that some don’t want viewed. I personally don’t get txt messaging, but I know people who do and I know that they say stuff that don’t want peers at school to read, and they’re not illegal mind you. This is the same as reading email or regular mail from the post office. I don't get it, why do they think that they can just do this. It just boggles my mind. I just don't understand, this just stinks.

No comments: