Sunday, October 28, 2007

Edu. PLN 5

Digital Native photo of the Day from the Fischbowl

I can even relate to this. My nine year old sister has much more available to her than I had six years ago. She has plenty of video games to play, that I very, very generously helped to contribute (about 65% is my money and another 25% is from parents and gifts). I didn’t get my first video games until I was 12, she was six. Not only that, but if I were to even try to play the games she is playing now on the computer six years ago, it might take a good ten minutes to load every thing, and the graphics would just be horrible. DVDs’ also add to the collection; remember having to “fast forward” all the commercials? Well the only time she sees previews is in movie theaters. Not only technology, but the teaching styles have changed, the environment has changed. It’s not the Back Street Boys or Britney Spears, It’s Hannah Montana and who knows what else she listens to. Even after all this change, the classics still pull through though. Riding bikes was and still is the thing to do as well as Christmas and playing video games.

No comments: